一、1.Vocabulary and Structure
Part I Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: Each of the following sentences is provided with four choices. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, mark your answer on the Answer Sheet.
0. ______ a major disaster will get us to realize that we can't go on destroying the rain forests of the world.
1. Fireworks, ______ originated centuries ago in China, were brought to Europe by Marco Polo.
2. They recommended______ smaller heating and cooling systems.
B．to be used
3. I would have written before, but I______ ill.
4. Don't come today. I would rather you ______ tomorrow.
5. He criticized everything and everybody, and even______ his few friends.
6. It was______ that he couldn't finish it alone.
A．a so difficult job
B．such a difficult job
C．so a difficult job
D．such difficult a job
7. The soldiers would not give in though______.
D．having been captured
8. I used to smoke______ but I gave it up 3 years ago.
9. They hurried there only to find the meeting canceled. In fact they______ at all.
A．needn't! have gone
B．wouldn't have gone
C．mustn't have gone
D．might not have gone
10. She is busy______ for her, examination now.
B．to be prepared
11. This is______ a good chance______ none of us wants to miss it.
D．/ ; such that
12. In solving the difficulties, what really______ is our courage and spirit.
13. ______my delight, our school football team won the game easily.
14. He has been staying at home for several days______a bad cold.