二、2.Vocabulary and Structure
Part I Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: Each of the following sentences is provided with four choices. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, mark your answer on the Answer Sheet.
0. ______ for your help, we'd never have been able to get over the difficulties.
A．Had it not
B．If it were not
C．Had it not been
D．If we had not been
1. He had tried everything but it made little ______.
2. He has ______ various adventures.
3. It ______ seen to be believed.
C．has to be
4. It ______ the post office time if people address letters properly.
5. The girl was ______ a shop assistant; she is now a manager in a large department store.
6. The government had to ______ all his appointments for the day and rushed to the train accident.
7. The Great Pyramid ______ nearly five thousand years ago is located on the west bank of the Nile River.
8. Mrs. Lackey was awakened by the ringing of the bedside phone and learned that 12 hours ago her husband's boat had been ______.
9. My ______ is too weak for pork.
10. The car costs ______ the other one.
A．as much over
B．as much to
C．as much more as
D．as much as
11. I read some good reviews of the exhibition which made me very ______ to see it.
12. I regret ______ so much time and money on stamps.