一、1.Vocabulary and Structure
Part I Vocabulary and Structure
Directions: Each of the following sentences is provided with four choices. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, mark your answer on the Answer Sheet.
0. What______ we are having these days!
B．lovely a weather
C．a lovely weather
1. The woods ______the city ______the sand.
2. Everyone tried to find an answer to the problem, but ______of them could do it.
3. Do you want______ cup of tea? No, thanks.
4. This box is______ that one.
A．twice big than
C．twice as big as
D．twice more big than
5. ______box cannot be lifted by a boy of five.
A．So a heavy
B．So heavy a
C．A such heavy
D．Such heavy a
6. The book is ______to be put into the envelope. You need a bigger one.
7. Helen wad born ______February 6th, 1970.
8. I don't like to sit______ his left; I prefer to sit the front now.
9. —It's so noisy upstairs. What are they doing? —They be having a party.
10. Let's visit. the bookstore in our way back home,______?
11. Don't forget ______this magazine to Lisa this afternoon.
12. When we heard this story, we couldn't help______.
13. I'm hungry. Please get me something______.
14. This film is worth ______twice.
D．to be seen
Part III Reading Comprehension
Directions: In this part there are four passages. Each passage is followed by a number of comprehension questions. Read the passages and choose the best answer to each question. Then, mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.